Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fudge Brownies with Frosting

Facelift! My blog got a slight facelift. I was sick of not being able to search for things properly, people not being able to follow my blog, along with a million other problems with my old layout. So this one is super boring, but at least I learned how to put a "Pin It" button on each page. I LOVE when blogs have those. It makes my life so much easier!


These brownies are UNREAL! I have been searching and searching for a recipe that doctors up a brownie mix (I make all my cakes/cupcakes with doctored up cake mix). I have finally found the PERFECT one. And the frosting .... drooling just thinking about it. Now that is a good frosting to brownie ratio (sometimes I even go for the 1:1 ratio haha) While at my sister's house, we made 2 9x13 pans of these brownies; they are both gone! And if you think you do not like frosting on your brownies, you are WRONG (you just haven't had the right frosting...this is the right frosting)!

YUM!

Ingredients for Brownies
2 packages (roughly 20 oz each) brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge)
12 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

Ingredients for Frosting
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
5 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Directions for the Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Butter and flour.
2. Stir all ingredients with a wooden spoon (even though it does not seem like a lot of liquid, it will be plenty).
2. Pour into prepared 9x13 and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 20 minutes.

Directions for the Frosting
1. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over the stove.
2. Add in the unsweetened cocoa powder and milk. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens and just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Once removed from heat, slowly add the powdered sugar, whisking until smooth.
4. Pour over cooled brownies and spread quickly. Let set before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest