Thursday, October 10, 2013

Candy Corn M&M Blondies


Have you tried the new Candy Corn M&Ms? I am seriously obsessed! They are sold at Wal-Mart and Target. Let's just say that I have stocked up.

If you have never had or made a blondie, you should definitely get on that. They are one of my of all time favorite desserts. Probably because I love the rich butterscotch cookie type base. Don't think because they seem so simple that they will not have people requesting the recipe time and time again. The simple flavors somehow come together to create something extraordinary!

I made these blondies that I found on Cookies and Cups but changed the white chocolate to the Candy Corn M&Ms Truthfully, I have made these blondies with just about anything and everything in them. They are so delicious. Specifically, this dessert is TDF (to die for) and so so easy. Making these around Halloween will be a new tradition in my household as long as the Candy Corn M&Ms are still around.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup butterscotch chips, melted
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup Candy Corn M&Ms (plus a few extra to top it off with)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
3. Add melted butterscotch chips and mix until everything is incorporated.
4. Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix.
5. With your spatula, mix in the M&Ms (if you mix with your mixer it will chip off the candy coating). Spread prepared pan and top with a few extra M&Ms. Bake for 30-40 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
6. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

This picture and description is from a few years ago but it was so cute that I couldn't get rid of it.

Before I get to the recipe, I have to share with you a picture of my 5 month old son in his Halloween costume! I submitted it to some contest as well, because I think he is so cute (biased ... yes!). You can see the full submission Here. Search last name Barrett, and you will see my son in all his glory. I am not a weird stage mom, I promise; I just couldn't resist because this picture is on of my all time favorites! Ps. Thank you Brynner for the cutest Halloween costume EVER!

This was my son in his Halloween costume last year (2012). I loved it so much and it was SO cheap (I got everything at goodwill for less than $5 total) that I have decided he will be a bum until he is 18 ha. Unless he would like to buy his own costume. Seriously, why are Halloween costumes so ridiculously expensive?

I have been debating on what my 7 1/2 month daughter will be. Anyone have any unique ideas? Leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest